Updated July 21, 2020
Pokémon Direct (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://www.pokedirect.com (the “Site”). This page details our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information collected from this Site’s users. We only use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site and is not disputed or sold to third parties. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Additionally, we recognize kids visit and/or use our Services and we have enacted specific protections to safeguard kids. The Pokémon band has a valid licensee, and is a participating member in good standing, of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit’s (“CARU”) COPPA Safe Harbor Program (“CARU Safe Harbor”). CARU conducts independent audits of our Services and uses other enforcement and accountability mechanisms in its certification process. Services bearing the CARU Safe Harbor icon meet established online information collection, use, and disclosure practices in compliance with applicable privacy laws and best practices.
DISCLAIMER: Although CARU does not monitor non-U.S. based Services or pokedirect.com, Pokémon Direct takes steps to confirm that non-U.S. based Services and pokedirect.com follow the applicable data collection guidance and principles of CARU Safe Harbor, including adherence to regulations in the European Union (“EU”) and other territories outside of the United States (“U.S.”).
Information Collection And Use
We may occasionally ask you for certain personally identifiable information that you provide that includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information: such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and postal address.
- Content and files: data and content you share or upload, such as photos (including any metadata included in your photos and content).
- Payment information: for example, credit card numbers or financial account information if you purchase a product or service from us.
- Demographic information: information about you tied to your personal information, such as your age and/or date of birth, gender, country/region of residence, hobbies, and toy and game preferences.
Furthermore, we collect certain information when you use our Services such as:
- Identifiers and device information: such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, device ID, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and other software including type, version, language, settings, and configuration. Our website and online services store and retrieve data using cookies set on your device.
- Usage data: such as what website you were on that brought you to our website, when you used our Services and for how long, what pages and content you accessed, and features you used on our Services.
- Geolocation data: with your consent, the Services may access precise geolocation data on your mobile device to enable features and deliver content based on your current location.
We do collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). The Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information to further improve your experience.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Security of Personal Information is vital to us. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How Long is Personal Information Stored?
Pokémon Direct keeps your personal information for as long as appropriate to maintain your accounts, to provide Services, to fulfill your requests, for legal compliance and enforcement purposes, and for resolving disputes. Actual retention periods depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of product, the type and sensitivity of the data, business needs, customer expectations and needs, the types of available user controls, and the form in which the data is stored.
Additional Privacy Commitment to Kids and Parents
Pokémon Direct has developed its Services with the goal of creating an enjoyable experience for all users. Building on our general Privacy Notice, we recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections when kids visit the Services on which this Kids’ Privacy Notice is posted. This Kids’ Privacy Notice is designed to answer your questions regarding our privacy policies and principles with respect to kids. As used in this Notice, “children”, “child”, and “kid(s)” refer to children under the age of 13, except for those jurisdictions where the privacy law specifies a different age. Also, when we use the term “parent”, we include legal guardians.
CARU’s COPPA Safe Harbor Program
- What types of information do we collect about kids?
Our guests can use some of our Services, view content, and enjoy many features without registering for an account or our collection of any personal information subject to COPPA. If a user has indicated that they are a kid when trying to create a Pokémon Direct account, we will collect a parent’s email address and obtain verifiable parental consent before allowing the kid to provide any additional personal information. Once we obtain parental consent, a kid can use our services much like any other user.
And we may collect from the kid the same types of personal information, and use and share that information for the same purposes, as described in the general Privacy Notice with the exception that Pokémon does not, nor does it allow third parties to, collect kids’ personal data (including persistent identifiers) for behavioral advertising, amassing a profile, or any purpose other than to support its internal operations unless we have obtained explicit prior parental consent. We collect personal information from parents on behalf of their kids to create an account for Pokémon Direct’s Services. Pokémon Direct does not condition participation in any of its Services for kids on the collection of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
- How do we use and share the personal information that we collect from kids?
As noted above, once we obtain parental consent, a kid can use our Services much like any other user. And we may collect from the kid the same types of personal information and use and share that information for the same purposes. For example, once a parent has provided consent to create an account, a kid can:
- Link an account from one of Pokémon Direct’s Services with an account from another Service operated by Pokémon Direct or an affiliate of Pokémon.
- Participate in games, reward programs, contests, sweepstakes, events, or promotions.
- Send us questions or correspond with us via email or our customer support portal concerning
the Services or the kid’s participation in organized events.
- Participate in polls, surveys, or questionnaires
- How can parents access, change, or delete personal information about their kids?
At any time, a parent can log into their kids profile to access their “Edit Profile” section or contact our customer service department to access or change the personal information in their kid’s account.
A parent may delete the personal information that we have collected from their kid by submitting a request to us. The parent should include their kid’s username and the parent’s email address in the email so that we can better assist with the inquiry or request.
- CARU’s COPPA Safe Harbor Program
Pokémon is a licensee of CARU’s COPPA Safe Harbor Program. If you believe that we have not responded to your privacy-related inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact CARU online at https://bbbprograms.org/programs/caru; by mail at CARU, Attn.: COPPA Safe Harbor Program, 112 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016 USA; or by email at [email protected]. Please note that CARU is not affiliated with Pokémon or Pokémon Direct and cannot help you with non-privacy-related issues.
Email – [email protected]
Phone – (844) – Ivysaur